Okay, so I have been doing a terrible job at updating my Blog...but I have a good reason! I am pregnant! That's right, number 3 is on the way!
I am 11 weeks along and I'm slowly coming out of the nauseous, foggy-brained, hormone-filled exhaustion that hits me in my first trimester. I'm trying to re-claim my life for the few brief months I have before I enter my "beached whale" phase during my third trimester :-)
My due date is September 21. And since we already have a wonderful son and an amazing daughter, we have no preference as to whether it is a girl or a boy. We are open and eager for either!
Christopher is very excited about the new baby and very curious. I had an ultrasound today and I showed him the picture. I explained that the little potato-chip-looking blob was a tiny baby growing inside my tummy, and that it still had a lot of growing to do before it could come out. He thought my potato chip analogy was hilarious. Several times today, he took the picture down and tried to explain it all to Stephanie. "See Stephie, there's a little baby, like a potato chip, inside mom's tummy. When mommy eats, the baby gets bigger!"
He asked lots of questions about the ultrasound. "How did they take a picture inside your tummy?", "Why does it look so fuzzy?" And so forth. I did my best to explain at a four-year-old level. Needless to say, I think this is only the beginning of Christopher's baby-related line of questioning. We've already had our first "How do babies get in and then out of mommies' tummies?" discussion. I kept it very simple...Heavenly Father puts the baby in the mom's tummy, and then I go to the hospital and the doctor takes it out.
I'll save the details for when he's a little older. I need to do some serious pondering on just exactly how to talk about it all!
Stephanie, on the other hand, is doing her best to ignore the situation. When I asked her if she would like to have a little brother or a sister, she replied "I want a puppy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Heather..sorry, I don't know how the first comment was deleted. I am still trying to figure these things out on blogger. Anyway, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am glad the fog is lifting and hopefully food is tasting good again! Can't wait to see the little potato chip!
I am so excited for you!!! Yeah another little one. I love Christopher's explanation to Stephanie. Every time I asked Lily if she wanted a sister she would just say no. Today we made improvement because she asked for the baby to come and play. Lily also thinks that it comes of of my belly button and often asks me to open it up to take her out. I have no idea how she got that idea.
That's so exciting! I'm glad to hear that you are beginning to feel a little bit better. I can't wait to see you again.
Congratulations! We are excited for you and your family.
I have had the honor of having to explain how the babies come also. It doesn't help that dad states, "we do the tuna can method...open her up and take him out, then close the can back up..." Nathan still thinks we go to the hospital and the Doctor and WE choose which one to come home. He knows Heavenly Father created us, and blesses us with a baby, but the Hospital is like Costco....a wide selections of babies to choose from. My older one who knows better, and told him, "If that is what happens, why did they not bring home a girl...I wanted a sister!"
Thanks to everyone for your support and congratulations!
Shauana--
We only wish having a baby was as easy as a trip to Costco! :-)
I'm a little late on the posting. Congratulations! I'm soo excited for you and to see the potato chip. That has to be the cutest story ever. I am very thankful I didn't have to answer too many questions about babies this last time. And if Lizzy came around so will Stephanie! I didn't believe it when people told me she would, but it's true. She is now the most overbearing one of us by far! We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment