Friday, September 12, 2008

Stephanie Turns Two...





Stephanie's birthday was August 26 and she has now officially entered the tumultuous year of two! We had a simple birthday party for her and she was spoiled with a really fun kitchen set that her mother spent hours researching on line, and her father lovingly spent even more hours putting together. Needless to say, she loves it!


At two years old, Stephanie knows what she wants, and will tell you in complete sentences. Many of her sentences start with "I need..." such as "I need dat juice!" She also melts my heart when she says "Mommy, I yub (love) you!" out of the clear blue with no prompting. She is also learning how to show interest in what others have to say by exclaiming "Weally! (Really!)" when you describe something to her. She can just about sing the ABC's all by herself as well as "I am a Child of God," and "Twinkle, Twinkle". She also likes to make up her own little lullabies to sing to her baby dolls. Stephanie loves to color and play with playdough. She has also developed and interest in torturing her older brother to see how loudly she can make him scream before mom puts her in time-out. After time-out she is very contrite and tells me over and over again "Sowy, Mommy! Sowy!" and gives Christopher a big hug. "That's okay, Baby," Christopher replies. "It was an accident." As you can see, she has us all wrapped around her little finger! Who can blame us?

2 comments:

Carma said...

Who could resist when she's that charming? :) You gotta love the terrible twos!

Anonymous said...

Stephie is soooooo cutie.Ican't stand it.Twos is a very interesting time for baby and mom.I will say from experiance they are unforgettable.Just enjoy it.Stephie is perfect as a two-year old.As was her Mom.