
On Friday, May 29th, Chris graduated from pre-school!
For two years he has been attending Joshua Tree Community Pre-school, and a "graduation" was held at the community center in honor of all the "hard work" he and his fellow class-mates have done.
Christopher has really enjoyed pre-school this year. He made several good friends and really developed his social skills. His teachers all agreed that he is usually very well behaved and enjoys singing, learning and playing. Pre-school helped Christopher to learn all the letters of the alphabet and the sounds they make and how to print them. He also learned the months of the year, the pledge of allegiance, lots of fun and educational songs and even a bit about nature and science. Best of all, Christopher had lots of practice learning to be a friend and have fun learning!
The graduation was wonderful and well organized. The children sang several songs and each had a speaking part that they memorized. (As soon as I can figure out how to compress a video file to a more manageable size, I will post one of the songs he sang. )
I found myself unexpectedly overcome with emotion at this simple ceremony. It hit me that Christopher was no longer my pre-schooler. I have enjoyed these years so much. He has been learning so many things and growing so fast. It has been such a great age. He is more independent and can do many things for himself. He is a big help with his little sister. And at the same time he loves me unconditionally and still usually listens to what I say. I like to play a little game with Chris and ask him if he could please stay four-years-old forever. A big grin spreads across his face and a teasing glimmer in his eye and he replies "No, Mom! Soon I will be 5 and then 6 and then 7! I'll get bigger and bigger, up to the sky!" "No, please stay 4 forever!" I plead. He just bursts into uncontrolled giggles.
Here's to wishing that 4 could last...if not forever...at least a little longer!
5 comments:
Wow, he is getting so big! I remember at Alison's wedding he was so tiny! Crazy how fast they grow. :)
Good job Chris!GrandpaLee and I(nana)are so proud of you.
They do grow up fast! Congrats on expecting another one! You must be so excited!
He's so cute!! I totally get the emtoinal thing - Thomas said to me "Mom, we're going to sing that song that makes you cry." (Kindergarton here we come...) I thought it was funny that he remembered that from Marisa's graduation. It's hard - but the years to come are fun too! Can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment