
I have lots of catching up to do on my blog! For now, I wanted to post this funny story about Stephanie before I forget it...
This summer Stephanie decided that being called "cute" was an insult. I'm not sure how this happened, but she suddenly started getting very upset with people who would call her "cute" (which is just about everybody!). "I'm not cute!" she insists "I'm cool!". Or she will inform people that she is "awesome" or (my personal favorite) "healthy and strong and smart."
I think she decided that "cute" is a term associated with babies, and now that she is a big girl, potty-trained and everything, she should no longer be called "cute." The other day we were dropping off Christopher at kindergarten, and on the way back to the car, Stephanie told me she was very mad because someone at the school had called her "cute". She went on and on about this incident insisting that she was NOT cute, that she was "awesome and cool". I was trying my best not to chuckle as she told me her woes. It's a rough life when everyone thinks you are cute!
I have to admit that I'm a bit proud of her for not putting stake in her in her cuteness-factor, and wanting people to take her more seriously and treat her like a big girl...But I'm afraid it's a "battle" she will be fighting most of her life...after all, she is just so stinkin' cute!!
5 comments:
That is just so well cute. But don't tell her I said that. Tell her I thought it was awesome, cool, strong, smart and healthy. LOL!
She's so cool! :) You gotta love her.
Tyler and I enjoy recounting Stephanie's dislike of the word cute all the time. I don't think I'll ever stop smiling when I think about it. :)
Heather that is adorable!! Your entire family is so stinkin cute!
Heather, Stephanie looks just like you! i love it!!!
Post a Comment