Thursday, October 8, 2009

Life with Landon...


Here he is. The newest adorable addition to our family, Landon Spencer Davis. He was born on 9-14-2009 at 8:04 am, weighing in at a hefty 9lbs and 1/2 oz and measuring 20 1/2 in length. Landon looks very much like his big brother Christopher, with lots of handsome, dark hair a ruddy complexion and full little lips. He has his Dad's "monkey toes" and his mom's squashed ears. He has a light angel-kiss birthmark over his right eyelid and a faint strawberry birthmark in between his eyes.
I had forgotten how sweet it can be to hold a tiny, warm newborn in your arms and listen to the soft little sighs he makes in his sleep. I had forgotten how much ear-piercing noise can come from one so tiny when unhappy...usually during a diaper change, or too much time in his carseat. I had forgotten the adorable way they their heads bob up and down like a little bobble-head doll as they attempt to hold their heads up, or the funny little grunts and snorts they make when they are hungry.
It's wonderful to have a newborn in the house again and be reminded of the miracle of a new life!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Heather that is so sweet! I love all those things. Now I really REALLY want to come hold him. My baby is so big already! And yes, he does look a lot like Chris.

Megs said...

He is VERY handsome! Congratulations!

Carma said...

I can't wait to meet him! And take some pictures! :) I love all that hair.

Shauna- said...

He is so handsome. I love the newborn stage too.

We wish your family every happiness!!

Alison said...

So cute! I can't wait to meet him.

Brock and Layne Andersen Family said...

You are right...he looks just like Chris....wow that is really amazing. Sweet little boy...

Anonymous said...

Landon is so adorable as are all of my grandkids! nana