Monday, September 8, 2008

Legoland

















While visiting San Diego for a friend's wedding, we took the kids to Legoland. We have a surprisingly wonderful library here in Yucca Valley that had a great summer reading program. We participated and got all kinds of free stuff, including a kids pass to Legoland.
Christopher had a blast. He was able to go on several of the rides, but poor Stephie was only able to go on 2 or 3 rides due to height restrictions. She had the most fun just sitting down and playing at the different Lego stations. She is in a Lego phase right now and plays with them almost every day. She loves to line them up and stack them up all nice and orderly. She found all the purple legos from a huge bin and lined them all up in a row. I find her toys and dolls often lined up neatly in similar fashion. (It's so interesting to see the contrast between the chaos that is the very essence of a two-year-old and her attempt to bring order to her little whirl-wind world. )
The most exciting part of the day came when Christopher burned his finger on a light near Legoland USA where they have little Lego cities based on cities across the country. Chris had a long day and was in no mood to be stoic. Fortunately, there was a First-aid station right around the corner. The medic was very nice and helpful, although you would have thought he was performing major surgery without anesthetic the way Christopher reacted. In the end, Christopher got a commemorative lego as a memento and letter in the mail wishing him well. It was an exciting day!





2 comments:

Tammy said...

Heather your blog is amazing!! I love the posts and photos of your family. It's so good to seem them! Why does it feel like forever when it was only last May? I'm so glad you had such a fun summer and had a few visitors. I wish we had been with them. Maybe next year. Love you guys!

Carma said...

How fun!! I can't wait until I have kids so I can do fun things like that. They are so cute :). I can't wait till I can see you and the kids again!